Surfing Safely on the Waves of South Africa
If you like riding reef, beach, and point breaks on the shores of the fantastic South Africa, you should be mindful of important measures that help safeguard your physical well-being. This is so that you can continue pursuing your adrenaline-inducing recreational pursuit and prevent yourself from gaining costly injuries, some of which may be caused by shark attacks.
Here are some tips on how to keep yourself on the safe side while surfing in Jeffrey’s Bay, Cape St Francis, Muizenberg, or Elands Bay:
For your own guidance, check out the following resources.
- cruises : Take your pick from an interesting selection of cruises here!
- Bristol : Make your holiday in Bristol a fun-filled one by reading through the guide here.
- london laser tag : Experience fun and excitement by contacting a London laser tag team.
- student travel : Get in touch with a student travel expert that can help you in organising a packaged holiday abroad.
- Pacific Blue : Let Flight Centre help you in finding budget-friendly Pacific Blue airline tickets for your leisure trip.
- team building days : For fun and memorable team building days, hire Thinkers in Business to plan it for you.
- african safari holidays : Get to know your options on African safari holidays by getting in touch with an online travel company.
- flat shoes women : Shop for the flat shoes women pieces you love at this e-commerce site.
Engage in your aquatic adventure during the hours that trained personnel are present and at places near where they are stationed. You should listen to their instructions and learn of the various signs and protocols they use in indicating the presence of sharks or other hazards. Talking to them and asking for safety recommendations before getting into the water is recommended.
Poor visibility of what lies beneath the surface is a dangerous situation since the spotters are unable to monitor the water well.
Sharks are attracted to blood and go where their prey is. Thus, you should not be in places where there is an abundance of seals, fish, or diving seabirds. The presence of dolphins is not a guarantee that predatory creatures are absent.
According to the City of Cape Town, you should never swim or surf alone. You should also inform a family member or friend about your whereabouts before going out.
Aside from those mentioned, you should also wear the right gear and protective equipment.
If you hear of tourist arrangements like shark cage diving, you should think twice before getting involved in this activity since it has a negative effect on wildlife and can encourage more attacks on humans. To learn about the effects of this endeavour, check out the other pages of this site.